You are reading the article How To Install Windows Subsystem For Linux (Wsl) On Windows 11 updated in February 2024 on the website Daihoichemgio.com. We hope that the information we have shared is helpful to you. If you find the content interesting and meaningful, please share it with your friends and continue to follow and support us for the latest updates. Suggested March 2024 How To Install Windows Subsystem For Linux (Wsl) On Windows 11
To install WSL on Windows 11, open PowerShell or Command Prompt (admin), run the “wsl –install” command, and restart the computer.
The command will install WSL alongside the Ubuntu distribution.
Or, to install WSL with a specific distro, run the “wsl –install -d DISTRO-NAME” command.
Or, to install WSL from Microsoft Store, enable the “Virtual Machine Platform” feature and then download the WSL app from the Store.
On Windows 11, Microsoft simplified the installation process of the Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL) to only one command to download and install all the required components, which includes the virtual machine platform and Linux GUI apps.
In addition, the command also installs the latest Ubuntu distro by default. If you prefer another distribution of Linux, you can append an option in the command to install any of the supported distros. Alongside the new quick and easy process, you will also find another way to make it easier to update the kernel with only one command.
This guide will teach you the easy steps to install the WSL platform on your computer. In addition, we will outline the steps to update the Linux kernel on Windows 11.Install WSL on Windows 11
To install WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) on Windows 11 from Command Prompt, use these steps:
Type the following command to install the WSL on Windows 11 and press Enter:wsl --install
Restart your computer to finish the WSL installation on Windows 11.
Continue with the Linux distro setup as necessary.
After you complete the steps, the required Linux components will install automatically on Windows 11 and the latest version of the Ubuntu Linux distribution.Install WSL with specific distro on Windows 11
If you prefer another flavor of Linux, the WSL2 command includes an option to view and select a different distro.
To install WSL with a specific distro on Windows 11, use these steps:
Type the following command to view a list of available WSL distros you can install on Windows 11 and press Enter:wsl --list --online
Quick note: You can install Ubuntu, Debian, Kali Linux, openSUSE, and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.
Type the following command to install the WSL with a specific distro on Windows 11 and press Enter:wsl --install -d DISTRO-NAME
In the command, remember to replace “DISTRO-NAME” with the name of the distro you want to install, such as Debian.
Restart your computer to finish the WSL installation on Windows 11.
Continue with the Linux distro setup as necessary.
Once you complete the steps, the Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 components will install along with the distro of Linux you specified.
To update the WSL kernel from Command Prompt, use these steps:
Type the following command to update the WSL kernel on Windows 11 and press Enter:wsl --update
After you complete the steps, if an update is available, it will download and install on your computer.Install WSL from Microsoft Store
You can also download all the components wrapped into an app from the Microsoft Store. The benefit of using this approach is that feature will run isolated from Windows 11, and updates will be available through the Microsoft Store without waiting for the next version of the operating system to install the newest version.
To install WSL from the Microsoft Store, use these steps:1. Enable Virtual Machine Platform
Check the Virtual Machine Platform option.
After completing the steps, you can download the app from the Microsoft Store.2. Install Windows Subsystem for Linux app
Open the Windows Subsystem for Linux store page.
3. Install Linux distro
Open Microsoft Store app.
Search for the Linux distro. For example, Debian.
Once you complete the steps, WSL will install on Windows 11, including the support for Linux GUI apps and the Linux distribution.
You're reading How To Install Windows Subsystem For Linux (Wsl) On Windows 11
Without any doubt, Skype is one of the most popular cross-communication platforms, with over 2.1 billion users worldwide, as of 2023. Users trust Skype for its magnificent features and reliable functioning. For some reason, if you’ve also picked Skype for your personal or professional interactions, you’ve made a good choice.
Installing and using Skype on Windows 11 is easy. But you never know when you need help. Thus, to assist you in that situation, we’ve created this guide explaining how to install and use Skype on Windows 11. So make use of this detailed guide to install and use Skype on your Windows 11 PC or laptop without any hurdles.
Things to Note Before Installing Skype on Your Windows 11 PC
Here we’ve mentioned all the requirements your Windows 11 PC or laptop must meet to run Skype smoothly:
Microsoft says that if you want to install and use the Skype program on your Windows 11 PC, then it must be running on Windows 11’s 1089 or higher.
Your PC must also have a dual-core 1.5 GHz or higher processor and at least 2 GB RAM.
Your Windows 11 PC or laptop should also have DirectX v9.0 or higher installed, as some of its features require it to function properly.
Skype lets you chit-chat with your contacts via voice and video calls. But to contact them via these two ways, your Windows 11 PC or laptop must have a built-in or external mic and camera.
How to Download & Install Skype on Windows 11
There are two methods to download and install Skype on Windows 11. The first method to download Skype on Windows 11 is from Microsoft Store. And the second method to do so is from Skype’s site.
In this section, we’ve easily demonstrated both ways to download and install Skype on Windows 11. You can follow any mentioned way to download and install Skype on your PC:
From Microsoft Store
Follow the below steps to download and install Skype on your Windows 11 PC from Microsoft Store:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the search box and type Microsoft Store in it.
2. Select Microsoft Store from the search results under the Best match section, type Skype in the search box at the top, and press Enter to search for the Skype program on it.
4. Finally, wait for the Skype program to download and install it on your Windows 11 PC or laptop.
From Skype’s Site
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download and install the Skype app from its official site:
How to Set Up Skype on Windows 11
You’ve now installed Skype on your PC. It’s now time to set it up by following the below steps:
1. Press the Windows key to open the search, type Skype, and select it from the search results.
2. On the next screen, choose the Microsoft account you want to use to create a new Skype account.
You’ve now signed in to Skype with your Microsoft Outlook account and can now start using it.
How to Use Skype on Windows 11
You’ve now installed and set up Skype on your Windows 11 PC. It’s now time to learn Skype so you can fully utilize it for crystal-clear conversations and meaningful interactions. Here in this section, we’ve briefly explained how to use Skype on Windows 11.
To connect with your friends, family, and colleagues on Skype, you must first add their contact details in it. It’s pretty easy to do so, and the below-listed steps demonstrate the same:
You’ve now saved your contacts in the Skype contact book. Finally, you can now conversate with them via chat. So follow the steps to know how to chat with your contacts on Skype:
1. Move to the Contacts tab from the left sidebar and select the contact you want to chat with.
2. Type the message you want to send to the contact in the Type a message box and press the Enter key.
3. Send Voice & Video Messages
Skype not only lets you share your opinions and feelings with your friends, family, and colleagues through text messages. But it also lets you share them with voice and video messages. You can follow the steps to know how to send voice and video messages on Skype:
Follow the below-mentioned prompts to send voice messages on the Skype app with ease:
Follow the below-mentioned instructions to know how to send voice messages on the Skype app:
1. Select the person’s contact in your Skype contact book you want to send a video message.
Skype is a cross-communication platform that lets you connect with your contacts via voice and video calls. You can make voice and video calls on Skype by implementing the below steps:
1. Like every time, select the contact or person you want to voice or video call on the Skype app.
5. Schedule a Call
Skype also lets you schedule calls at your preferred time and date with your friends, family, and co-workers. So learn to do the same by following the below-mentioned prompts:
2. Select the Schedule a Call option from the popup menu and give a new title to your call.
3. Select the preferred date in the second column and then choose the time in the third column.
6. Send Files
One of the best things about the Skype app is that it also lets you share files with your contacts. For instance, you can share PDFs, Word files, images, audio, and more with ease. So, learn to share files with your contacts on the Skype app by following the below steps:
2. In the Open or File Explorer window, go to the path and select the file you want to share.
7. Share Location
Like WhatsApp and other messaging applications, Skype also allows you to share your location with your contacts, so they can keep an eye on it and make sure you’re safe and sound. It’s easy to share location with someone on Skype, and the below steps explain the same:
1. Open Skype, and then open the chat of the person you want to share your location with.
8. Change Profile Status
Similar to WhatsApp, Skype also lets you share your status with your contacts. For instance, you share what you’re currently up to. Besides this, you can also set your Skype profile as Active, Away, and Do Not Disturb. You can learn to do so by following the below steps:
9. Modify User Appearance
One of the best parts about Skype is that it lets you modify the app’s UI per your preferences. You can change the UI’s color theme and mode, sidebar, and more. So try the below-mentioned prompts to access Skype’s customization settings and modify the interface:
2. Select the Appearance option from the left sidebar and start customizing the Skype app’s interface.
10. Add Skype Credit
Skype has a pay-as-you-go option called Skype Credit that lets you call phones and landlines at a low cost. This is a perfect feature for someone who only needs limited credits for calls. If you also need extra credits to make a few extra calls, follow the below steps:
4. On the next screen, fill in the required order information and complete the credit purchase.
5. Once the credit purchase is completed, the ordered credit will get credited to your account.
Will Skype Still Work on Windows 11?
Yes. Skype still works on Windows 11. You need to download it from the native Microsoft Store.
How Do I Open Skype on Windows 11?
You can quickly open Skype on your Windows 11 PC using the Windows Search Box or its shortcut.
How Do I Put Skype Icon on Desktop Windows 11?
Follow the below-mentioned prompts to add Skype’s icon to your Windows 11 PC’s desktop:
2. From the list of all the apps, look for the Skype app and hold it using your mouse cursor.
3. Drag and drop the Skype program to your Windows 11 PC’s desktop to add its icon there.
How Do I Download and Install Skype?
You can download and install Skype from the native Microsoft Store and Skype’s official site.
What Is Replacing Skype?
According to Skype support, Microsoft Teams, an ultimate messaging app, is replacing Skype.
It’s pretty easy to install and use Skype on Windows 11. But many people still face issues installing and using Skype on their Windows PC.
If you were also facing difficulties installing and using the Skype app on your Windows 11 PC, we hope this detailed guide helped you in the same.
Last but not least, share this comprehensive guide with someone who is also looking for assistance to install and use the Skype app on their Windows 11 PC.
If there’s one thing in the tech world I have been waiting for the past few years, well, that has to be a full-fledged Apple Music app on Windows. Although Apple shut down iTunes for good on Macs with the announcement of macOS Catalina back in WWDC 2023, the Cupertino giant hasn’t shown interest in launching a dedicated Apple Music app for Windows. While we hoped Apple to bring Apple Music to Microsoft Store right in time for Windows 11’s launch, that didn’t happen. Fortunately, now that Windows 11 supports Android apps, we can install Apple Music in a few steps.Install Apple Music on Windows 11 (2024)
If you are looking for the best ways to download music offline using Apple Music on your Windows PC, we have you covered. You will have to either use the Android app or iTunes. We have also detailed how to use Apple Music’s official web player and third-party Electron app to stream music on your Windows 11 PC. Now that you know what to expect, we can get right into it.Method 1: Sideload Apple Music Android App on Windows 11
We are assuming that you are familiar with one of the best new features of Windows 11 – Windows Subsystem for Android. If you are not, check out our guide on how to install and run Android apps on Windows 11. In addition, go through our detailed guide on how to sideload Android apps to get your WSA installation ready. After doing both of these steps, follow the steps to install the Apple Music Android app on Windows 11.
1. We will source the Apple Music APK file from APKMirror. Visit the Apple Music listing right here and download the latest version of the app. Here, I will download the universal nodpi version of Apple Music 3.7.1. You can browse the site for newer versions of the app if you are reading this at a later date.
3. Open a Command prompt window at the root of your ADB installation. You can do that by typing cmd in the address bar on the File Explorer, as shown below.
4. Then, in the CMD window, copy and paste the command below in the following format:
5. Within a few seconds, you will see a confirmation prompt indicating that you have successfully installed the app. You can now head to the Windows 11 Start Menu to open the Apple Music Android app.Set up Apple Music Android App on Windows 11
1. Press the Windows key to open the Windows 11 Start Menu and choose Apple Music from the Recommended section. If you have hidden the Recommended section, type ‘Apple Music’ to find and open the app.
3. After logging in, you get the full-fledged Apple Music experience you expect from the mobile app. Since this is the Android app, you can access Listen Now, Browse, Radio, Library, and Search options from the bottom navigation bar.Download Tracks Offline Using Apple Music on Windows 11
The best part, however, is that you can download tracks offline using the Apple Music Android app on your Windows 11 machine.
2. You will find your offline songs in the Downloaded section under Library, just like the Android app. In a nutshell, if you have used Apple Music on Android, you won’t have any trouble getting started here.Method 2: Install Apple Music Web Player on Windows 11 PC
Back in September 2023, Apple launched the Apple Music web player to bring the streaming service right to your web browser. If you are not planning to install and run Android apps on Windows 11, you can consider using Apple Music web instead. The downside, however, is that you can’t download music offline here. Here’s how to access the Apple Music web player:
1. Visit the Apple Music web player using the link here and sign in with your Apple ID.Method 3: Install Apple Music Electron App on Windows 11 Method 4: Use iTunes to Access Apple Music on Windows 11
2. After installing iTunes, log in with your Apple ID and password to access all your Apple Music playlists right from iTunes.
3. You can now access your Apple Music account from your Windows 11 PC and even download songs offline if you prefer.Use Apple Music on Windows 11 with Ease!
Recently, we wrote a detailed tutorial on how to build your own AI chatbot with ChatGPT API. And for that project, we used Python and Pip to run several essential libraries. So if you are also getting started with Python for a project, make sure to install Pip on your Windows PC. You will be able to download many of the dependencies and libraries in a few seconds. On that note, let’s go ahead and learn how to install Pip on Windows 11 and 10.Install Pip on Windows 11 and 10 (2023)
Here, you can learn about Pip and find out how to install it on Windows along with Python. We have also added fixes to a few errors, mostly related to path misconfiguration. You can expand the table below and move to any section you want.What is Pip?
Pip is the package manager for Python. In simple terms, it basically allows you to install and manage millions of Python packages and libraries from the command line. It connects to the Python Package Index (PyPI) repository where you can find thousands of projects, apps, software development kits, clients, and more. If you are developing a project, and if you need some dependencies which are not part of the standard Python distribution, Pip can add them for you effortlessly. Simply put, Pip is an integral part of Python and to get started, you must install both of them.Check If Pip Is Already Installed on Windows
If you have installed Python, you may already have Pip installed on your system. So before you move to the installation steps, let’s check if Pip is already installed on Windows or not.pip --version
2. In case, you get errors like “Command not found” or “‘Pip’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.”, it means that Pip is not properly installed on your PC. Follow the below steps to install Pip and configure its path as well.How to Install Pip on Windows PCs Install Pip with Python
To install Pip on Windows, you need to install Python only. When you install Python using the desktop setup file, Pip is also sideloaded on Windows. Here is how you can set up Pip on Windows.
1. First and foremost, move to this link and download the latest version of Python for Windows.
3. Now, Python along with Pip, both will get installed on your Windows PC.Install Pip via Command Line
You can also manually install Pip on Windows from the command line either using CMD or Windows Terminal. Follow the steps below.
4. Finally, open the Terminal and execute it in the below fashion. Enter python, add a space, and then paste the path. After that, hit Enter and Pip will be installed on your Windows 11/10 computer.
5. Apart from that, you can also run this command to download and install Pip on a Windows PC using the “ensurepip” module.python -m ensurepip --upgrade Verify Pip Installation
1. To check if everything went right, open Windows Terminal or Command Prompt and run the below commands. If the installation was successful, the first command will display the Python version, and the second command will show the Pip version currently installed on your PC.python --version pip --version
2. You can also type the below command to find all the commands pip takes as an argument. If it returns a long list of command options, you are good to go.python --help pip --help Upgrade or Downgrade Pip on Windows python -m pip install -U pip
2. In case you want to downgrade Pip to a specific version, run the below command:python -m pip install pip==19.0 How to Add Python and Pip to PATH on Windows 11 and 10
After installing and running the Python or Pip command on Windows if you get errors such as “Pip is not recognized as an internal or external command,” or “Python is not recognized as an internal or external command,” or simply “Python not found”, do not worry. It means that Python or Pip may have been installed on your Windows PC, but their paths have not been configured correctly. We need to add their directories as a global Windows environment variable. Here is how to do it.
1. First of all, press “Windows + R” to open the Run prompt and paste the below path, and hit Enter.%localappdata%ProgramsPython
2. After that, open another “Python3XX” folder. Now, copy the whole path from the address bar. This is Python’s path you need to add as an environment variable.
4. After you get paths for both Python and Pip, open the Run prompt again by pressing “Windows + R”. Here, type chúng tôi and hit Enter. This will directly open the Advanced System Settings.python --version pip install openai Download and Install Pip on Windows With Python
Windows 11 Media Creation Tool: How To Install
How to install Windows 11 using the media creation tool
The Windows 11 media creation tool allows you to perform a Windows 11 installation, with the option to transfer the installation files to an external media device such as a USB or DVD – an .ISO file for the latter. Whether you’re looking to install Windows 11 on a different PC / hard drive or just the one you are currently using, this guide will show you exactly how it’s done.
READ NOW: Here’s where to find some of the best deals for Windows 11
So, we’re first going to go through some of the things you need before you start this process. Once that’s covered, you can head straight down to the easy-to-follow guide below, best of luck!
Before using the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool you will require
a USB drive / DVD of 8GB or greater size (if you want to create an external media device)
a stable internet connection
a computer with a hard drive to install Windows 11 on (just in case you didn’t realize)
How to install Windows 11 Media Creation Tool
Backup your existing data
If you’re installing Windows 11 on a hard drive that previously ran an older version of the operating system, or if you’re looking to do a factory reset of Windows 11, the first step should always be to backup your data on a separate hard drive in case it all goes horribly wrong.
If you’re installing Windows 11 onto a blank hard drive then this will obviously not be an issue.
Download Windows 11 from the Microsoft website
Navigate to the Microsoft website, and select Windows 11 under the Software download section.
Select Download Now under Create Windows 11 Installation Media.
Run the media creation tool on your computer
Once the Windows 11 media creation tool has been downloaded onto your PC, run the file then go through the installation wizard, accepting the license terms (assuming you agree with them).
A screen will appear saying Getting a few things ready before moving on to the rest of the process.
What do you want to do?
You will be presented with two options under the title What do you want to do? Select the relevant option from the two depending on what it is you want to do.
Upgrade this PC now – will install Windows 11 on the hard drive the Windows 11 media tool is being run on.
Create installation media… for another PC – will install Windows 11 a separate, removable USB drive or DVD which you can use to boot up Windows 11 on any PC you chose.
If you select the first Upgrade this PC now option you will be taken through a relatively self-explanatory wizard that will Download Windows 11 and then give you the option to Install Windows 11 on your PC. Simply follow the steps and then you’re done! If you have any problems with your installation, simply revert to the backup that you saved at the beginning of this process.
If you choose the second option, read below for additional steps.
Create installation media for another PC
First, select the language you want to install WIndows 11 in (or tick use the recommended options for this PC to do it automatically).
Next, you will be presented with two options under Choose which media to use:
USB flash drive – self-explanatory
ISO file – this can then be used through separate software to either burn it to a DVD or even a USB drive should you wish to do so at a later date
Simply follow the steps of the wizard in each case and you will then have a completed media device that you can use to install Windows 11 on any PC you want.
This has been our guide on how to use the Windows 11 media creation tool for installing Windows 11.
Be sure to check out our Windows 11 hub page for a whole host of other useful information on the new Microsoft operating system.
Amazon Prime Video app for Windows 11/10 is now available to download via Microsoft Store. You can also download and use it or install Amazon Prime as a Progressive Web App (PWA) using the Edge browser.Download Amazon Prime Video app on Windows 11/10
Following is the list of features of the new Amazon Prime Video app for Windows 11 and Windows 10:
Download videos to watch offline – anywhere, anytime
Rent or buy thousands of titles including new movie releases, popular TV shows, and more
With Prime Video Channels, Prime members can subscribe to more than 150 premium and specialty channels like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and Cinemax.
Only pay for the channels you want, no cable required, cancel anytime
With X-Ray, view IMDb information about the actors, songs, and trivia for videos as you stream.
You can download Amazon Prime Video for Windows 11/10 from Microsoft Store.Install Amazon Prime Video as a PWA on Windows 11/10
Amazon has also released a web app for its shopping portal and a music app for Windows 10 and Windows 11. With the power of Progressive Web Apps, the Amazon Prime Video app can also be installed on Windows and you can use the streaming services on the desktop.
The Amazon Prime Video app on Windows 11/10 can be installed and used in the best possible experience. This can be done by using only the new Microsoft Edge browser based on Chromium.
Open the Amazon Prime Video website on the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser.
It will install the Amazon Prime Video website as an app with a XAML shell on your Windows 11/10 computer.
It is worth noting that this app won’t work offline, unlike its Android and iOS counterparts.
This is the default procedure to install a website as a Progressive web app on the new Microsoft Edge browser based on Chromium.How long can you keep the downloaded video in Amazon Prime App? How many devices can you have Amazon Prime on?
Amazon Prime video can be downloaded on multiple devices. The limit is up to three devices that can stream simultaneously with the same login credentials, and only two devices can simultaneously view the same title/content.
The app is available only if you are part of Amazon Prime member. So whatever is you get in the app is available to all the users including offline download, add movies to favorites, watch original streaming content. It is available as part of Amazon’s subscription but doesn’t include any of the latest add-ons.How do I set up Amazon Prime on my TV?
The process is the same across all devices. You will need to sign in using an Amazon account, and then confirm the linking over email or through the Amazon app. You will need to enter the code offered on the screen.What device do I need to watch Amazon Prime on my TV?
Amazon Prime works on a plethora of devices and services. It includes Apple TV, Mi TV, Chromecast, FireTV, Roku devices, and so on. However, the interface will differ for every platform but most of the features will be the same on all the apps.
I hope you found our helpful guide.
Update the detailed information about How To Install Windows Subsystem For Linux (Wsl) On Windows 11 on the Daihoichemgio.com website. We hope the article's content will meet your needs, and we will regularly update the information to provide you with the fastest and most accurate information. Have a great day!